Fume emitted from a standby generator on Wednesday killed four members of a family in Kwara State.
The incident occurred in the Ojomu family house, Sanmora, Irepodun local government area of the state.
A family source said the deceased who travelled from Lagos State for the festive season slept leaving their generating set working inside the house.
The source said neighbours broke into the house to see the gory sight after an elderly woman had gone to greet them but suspected so.ething was wrong. She alerted other neighbours.
“We discovered their bodies early this morning; the head of the house, his two wives and one of his children were all dead.
“Two of the family members who were unconscious at the time of our breaking in have been rushed to hospital. Although, they are both in critical conditions, it is our prayer they survive”, he said.
Police spokesperson Ajayi Okasanmi confirmed the incident, saying that two other members of the family were recuperating in an unnamed hospital.